Sunday, March 18, 2012

LESSONS FROM BEING UNEMPLOYED

I have learned a lot from being unemployed. Before being unemployed, I alway envied those who could sleep in on weekdays while I had to catch the morning commute, being able to watch morning and daytime talk shows and most of all, I wanted the freedom to go to the post office or even get an oil change if I needed to instead of waiting until the weekend before starting all over again on Monday morning.

I have been unemployed now for a month and at first it felt great. I was so physically and emotionally sick and drain that being let go and having the time to start my own business seems great. I did all the things I was supposed to to like apply for unemployment right away and not spend any money. What I have learned from this experience is that unemployment takes a minimum of one month to even get your checks in the mailbox so if you do not have any savings then it can be very tough financially. The world definitely still goes on and bills are still due despite your economic and financial crises.

I also started to be more empathetic to human conditions and began seeking spiritual guidance. I have been caught up with work and life and thought I had it under control but since hitting bottom financially, I went to church and just laid it all over to God. I have gained a new relationship with God and the Divine. When all else fails, it can't hurt to go all the way and use all the resources you have access to.

Another thing I am learning is that I dreamed of having this time off and now it's actually getting very boring. It's only fun to have free time with money, not free time without any dough to spend leisurely like a nice vacay or finally doing all the things I've always wanted to do. The good thing is that I actually have time to sit and think about what I really want in life. I have always known I always wanted to be self employed and have a flexible schedule. I also always knew that under all the fears of life circumstances and situations, I knew deep down that I had the same  intelligence as any wealthy entreprenuer and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about your life circumstances and abilities. What makes you different from any wealthy mogul who is living the life of his/her dreams and you are not aside from the money?

Having this time off and really soul searching and having a self introspection on myself made me realize that I was a dreamer but not action oriented. Hence, why I have taken daily steps to become an action person. I no longer say No when it's easier to stay at home since I'm in my PJs and also taking immediate steps to have what I love in life cause the only way to get Results is through Action and nothing else.We have all heard this many times in our life but I'm committed to walk the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment