Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TIPS FOR UNEMPLOYMENT


Here are some tips from my current experience of being unemployed.

1. It is a great time to really figure out exactly what you want to do in all areas of your life. You can now finally start take that class or learn to play that instrument or pick up that hobbie or just finally look into that job you really wanted to pursue.

2. There are many free and low cost health clinics. I have driven by Planned Parenthood a million times and finally decided to check out their website to see the services they offer and wow they offer a lot of aside from being pregnant. They offer physical, pap smear, birth control, etc. They also treat men as when I finally stepped in, I saw a few guys being called in. The sweet nurse practioner also gave me multivitamins to promote good health and a list of free and lost cost doctors and dentists in the area. It's a really great place to go since insurance goes out the window along with being fired.In general, there are so many free and low cost services if you just ask. You can even get a reduction in your electricity and gas bills if you qualify as low income. Free stuff is basically at your disposal.

3. Sell your stuff! I have always had so much crap laying around the house that I have been meaning to get rid of or sell when I had the chance and here was the chance I had been waiting for so I finally got off my lazy bones and took pictures of everything on my Phone and posted it on Ebay and so far I made $340.00. Not bad for clutter I had laying around the house. If you would like to start selling things on Ebay or Craigslist, it is super simple and I can always show you.

4. Work out! It's really funnie how when I was so busy working a full time job, I always said to myself that if I had more time, I could work out and now that I have all the time in the world, it is still tough to get up and get some excercise. But it feels so great after.

5. Hang out with people. We all meet so many people from work, random parties, meetup groups or networking that we say we should hang out and it never happens. Now is the chance to finally hold up to that commitment and meet them for coffee (since lunch can be pricey during unemployment.) or hiking, etc. It is nice to actually take that action and make friends and even spend more time with your family that you don't get to see often. Who knows, maybe they could be the answer to your job search or that business you've been wanting to start.

6. Spend time with yourself. Get to know yourself and take care of yourself. You are a unique and beautiful expression and we all are so busy with work and circumstances and now is the chance to do all the things you've always wanted to be and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment